Hi Princess! I'm so excited to make my first Princess Advice post omg, I hope you like it and that maybe it's helpful >.< 𑣲⋆
F(x)ang asks: "I think I have a crush on someone in my class but i am not sure how to tell if I really do. Also I'm to scared to tell my friends and I don't even know why. I also don't know if he likes me back, please someone help me."
Crushes can be so tricky. I totally relate to the question of whether or not its a proper crush or not. From experience, this is definitely the first thing to address here. Take some time to sit and imagine what it might actually be like dating this guy, and try to picture it with him specifically, not just as some generic rom-com montage. Given what you may or may not know about his personality, interests and hobbies, really consider if you enjoy the idea of spending a good amount of time with this person specifically. If you just like the idea of going on dates, and not dates with him specifically, it might be more of a crush for the sake of having a crush. As I'm sure you know, having a crush and pursuing that can be a lot emotionally, and it's best to be sure that it's worthwhile place for you to put your energy right now.
At the same time, it is sometimes the case that we are reluctant to admit that a crush is really a crush because we're scared of putting all that energy towards it, or worse, getting hurt. If you identify with this, it can be really worth being brave and allowing yourself to have these feelings even at the risk of things not working out exactly as you'd initially hoped. You could end up with something really lovely!
If you've decided that the crush is true, the next question is whether or not to tell your friends. A good friend should be able to respect that this is something you'd ideally deal with yourself, and won't be tempted to spread your crush as gossip or tell your crush directly. You should be allowed to let him know about your feelings in your own time. A good friend can also offer good advice or, and only if you ask, help be a bit of a "wing-woman" here and there. If you can't picture your friends acting in this way, it doesn't necessarily mean they are terrible friends, they just might be very excitable or just not quite have the maturity just yet to be helpful in this situation. If you do feel like you can trust them to keep your feelings private until you say otherwise, it's a great idea to talk to your friends about this kind of thing and get it off your chest in a safe environment.
Knowing if he likes you back is the hardest part of all. I don't know what your relationship is right now, but if you aren't yet what you might describe as 'friends', I would definitely start there. This is where a good friend can come in handy and help you get introduced. They might know him, or know someone who does. If this isn't an option, you could try and strike up conversation over a mutual interest, or something school related, especially if you've noticed he's especially good at a particular subject! Maybe you need to ask him for a little study advice? Though, never EVER dumb yourself down for anyone! We've all seen Mean Girls, right?
If you've already befriended this guy, this is one of the best positions to be in. Try to chat one on one with him and further your relationship. Eventually you'll get a sense for whether or not you enjoy each others company, and you can broach the subject of a first date. A study date is always a good option. If you feel like you're really having to force something though, it isn't worth your time. It can be difficult to believe this, but you are absolutely deserving of someone who wants to spend time with you and takes a genuine interest in you. There's no point in pursuing a relationship for the sake of a relationship if it isn't going to make you feel happy and good about yourself. Honestly? It was after I learned that lesson that my best relationship ever came along, and by that time I had developed a lot of much needed self-respect. In love, self-respect is one of the most important qualities for a Princess to focus on.
I hope this was helpful in anyway. Feel free to follow up on the advice page again if you like and thank you so much for your question. I really enjoyed answering, it gave me a lot to think about.
Until next time, live happily ever after!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment